Firmware DevOps Engineer I
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Firmware DevOps Engineer I will participate in driving initiatives to maintain and continuously improve our embedded software development operations, processes, and systems. You will interface and communicate with cross-functional teams such as Embedded Software Development, IT Development, Operations along with business and process owners.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Drive low-complexity projects in alignment with the long-term DevOps roadmap and vision.
- Monitor and ensure tools and processes are scalable and stable.
- Gather stakeholder and customer input to close the feedback loop throughout the development lifecycle.
- Quickly and effectively diagnose and propose solutions for technical issues in development systems.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and Milwaukee Tool's processes.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Develop and apply manufacturing mindset to designs to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with DevOps, automated testing, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, independent judgement, and ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience with firmware, embedded software, or embedded systems.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Experience with Python, Powershell, C/C++, various scripting languages.
- Experience using Jenkins, Bamboo, or other CI/CD software.
- Knowledge of Puppet, Docker, or similar configuration management tools.
- Familiar with reporting software such as Microsoft PowerBI or IBM Cognos.
- Working knowledge of testing frameworks.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.