Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Finance
Date Posted: 4/6/2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with several month-end close procedures and tasks including
- Preparing journal entries,
- Preparing footnote disclosures,
- Determining appropriate intercompany transactions, and
- Performing account reconciliations.
- Support internal and external auditors through the preparation of schedules and discussion of accounting policies and business practices.
- Work in cross functional groups to create more efficient and accurate business processes.
- Resource for transactional processes (AR, AP, Sales/Inventory).
- Help the business adjust to IFRS guidance in a rapidly growing accounting department.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the process of continuous improvement. Identify and eliminate non-value-added activities and streamline processes.
- Work with consultants to help them better understand our business and its needs.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and manage quantitative data and creating meaningful reports.
- Demonstrate agility by adapting to changing needs of the finance and operational departments, able to create meaningful ad hoc "what if" financial analysis.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 2+ years of experience, public accounting experience is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- General knowledge of IFRS is a plus.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization through written communication, and presentations.
- Ability to work well in diverse, cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.