Milwaukee Tool is growing! In order to support the growth and attract and retain top talent across the U.S, we need an analytical person to assist with enhancing our compensation strategy. We are seeking to hire an experienced Compensation Analyst.
If you're the type of person that thrives on working with numbers, can't get enough of data and details, AND you can drive a project independently, then this opportunity is for you!
- Support the planning and execution of job analysis activities and job architecture programs, including conducting position evaluation, interviews with HR Business Partners and Functional Leads to document job content, gather job information and make recommendation on job grading.
- Assist with re-design of all hourly compensation plans, maintaining alignment with the overall compensation strategy and market competitiveness for locations across the U.S.
- Assist in building on-going strategy for keeping the organization competitive in the market for all locations across the U.S.
- Draft and present plan for both Cost of Living Allowances and Cost of Labor Allowances; maintain program on-going after inception
- Benchmark and assign job grades for all new positions in the areas of Manufacturing, Distribution, and Operations
- Participate in third party compensation salary surveys and questionnaires to identify competitive practices. Review results and provide recommendations for additions/deletions of the compensation strategy.
- Gather and manipulate compensation data to present current picture of compensation within the organization, utilize and optimize HCM to present data.
- Provide counseling to management in the review of complex pay changes on an individual level (promotion, transfers, etc) and on a larger company wide basis (merit review cycles, market adjustments, etc.)
- Participate in formal sessions with management to educate on the organization's compensation strategy
- Partner with the business when evaluating new locations for expanded operations in the U.S.
- Keep abreast of compensation related changes to legislation, provide guidance to the business on potential risks and financial impact.
- Work collaboratively with function leads to maintain an open communication environment
- Generate, maintain and run ad-hoc reports for analysis and understanding
- Organize, complete and present data projects as assigned by leadership
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related field; OR equivalent experience.
- Min of 3 years of compensation experience
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail
- Knowledge of relevant U.S. laws and regulations related to compensation programs (i.e. FLSA, Equal Pay Act, Title VII, etc)
- Mathematical aptitude and the ability to analyze and present data
- Experience successfully managing moderate complex projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Travel required 10% of the time.