Senior Firmware Process Engineer
Date Posted: 5/17/2021
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Engineering - Electrical
Date Posted: 5/17/2021
INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Sr. Firmware Process Engineer is a driven self-starter, leading the designing and implementation of firmware processes for the complete product lifecycle. You will support agile project teams through new firmware development process and work cross-functionally to jointly develop, document and train firmware process elements.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Partner with Reliability and Quality Engineering to ensure development processes align with quality goals.
- Participate in the certification of firmware with internal/external auditors.
- Research, evaluate, and document best practices to drive continuous improvement and organizational changes.
- Support agile project teams through the new firmware development process.
- Ensure on-time delivery of firmware working with teams.
- Provide candid and effective communications up, down and across the organization on progress, barrier removal and escalation of business risks/opportunities.
- Demonstrate Milwaukee Tools Culture of high performance and agility by independently creating Work Breakdown Structure for your work and driving to critical milestones.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Serve as a role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while mentoring, guiding, and coaching junior Engineers. Grow the ability to lead and manage a small team.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Support and incorporate regulatory standards to firmware processes.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience with Python, embedded C/C++, or a comparable programming language for embedded systems.
- Familiarity with requirement management tools, software configuration management tools and defect tracking tools.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD, unit testing, automated testing, requirement and code reviews, structural coverage, and DevOps.
- Experience developing bare-metal firmware designs for real-time applications.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Familiarity with auditing of firmware processes and partnering with internal/external auditors.
- Mentoring and leadership experience.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.