Software Development Manager in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is undergoing a complete digital transformation and adding over 50 positions to our IT Team!
We are an industry-leading manufacturer of heavy-duty power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide, and are looking for a Software Development Manager to fill a critical leadership role in our rapidly growing organization.
The Software Development Manager will lead and oversee a team of developers and testers to build/implement software solutions for both internal and external customers. You will be able to bring your industry best practices while producing high-quality full stack solutions in a collaborative, results driven environment.
We're looking for a leader that has a passion for software development and quality as well as a commitment to continuous innovation!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspire, grow and lead a group of developers and testers through peer-coaching, training and mentoring.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership.
- Drive best practices in development, testing and production deployment.
- Drive delivery of features and projects on-time and on-budget
- Establish strong working relationships across functional teams
- Drive the evolution of software development methodologies and agile practices within the development teams and organization
- Monitor industry trends and identify opportunities to leverage new technologies
- Engage in interviewing, hiring and developing of technical talent
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
- 7+ years of work experience in software development or an IT related position
- 3+ years as leader of an agile team with demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor team members
- Strong object-oriented and relational database development skills
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven delivery experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- .NET Core
- Experience with Azure/Cloud
- Experience with SAFe or similar scaled agile framework
We're progressive problem solvers that help build the world -- come join us and let Milwaukee Tool build your career!