Milwaukee Tools is looking for a Product Owner who can act as a servant leader within a Product Team that designs, develops, and launches new products and features that improve the overall One-Key experience.
One-Key eliminates downtime on job sites by delivering tool and equipment asset management for professional contractors through Bluetooth-enabled tools, devices, hardware, and software solutions.
Ideal candidates are outstanding communicators that thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication, are requirements. Individuals should have a passion for empathizing with our users and our business's needs and behaviors and solve them with excellent solutions.
Product Owner duties and responsibilities
- Take the role of servant leader lead of a Product Teams as the Product Owner
- Provide organization, direction, and clarity to one of our Agile Product Teams and Product Managers and create requirements?
- Lead the Product Teams functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of our technology and the needs of our users
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that align with Product Management strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to user need
- Lead the planning for a Product Team around feature release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices (or the applicable software development methodology chosen by your Product Team) and the latest trends
Product Owner requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst for 1-3 years
- Bachelor's degree, or higher education level in Software Engineering or related discipline?
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles?
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong technical skills and can speak with and motivate the Product Team?
- Customer-focused and have a passion for creating digital product solutions that solve problems for users
- Demonstrated experience with the modern web, mobile, and native iOS/Android application development and testing?
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
Things that we value
- Curious minds that are always willing to learn
- Introspective and self-aware
- Efficient and focused mono-tasking
- A well-informed point of view with a healthy dose of humility
- A collaborative mindset?
- A personality that thrives in an agile/ nimble environment
- Willingness to take risks
- Possess equal enthusiasm to grow as a team and as an individual contributor