Intern - Manufacturing Engineering in Greenwood, Indiana
At Milwaukee Tool (Milwaukee), we strive for operational excellence in order to deliver best-in-class products that exceed the needs of our end users. We achieve this by cultivating a culture to hire, reward, mentor and grow 'Exceptional People.
Since the company began in 1924, Milwaukee Tool has led the industry in both durability and performance. With an unwavering commitment to the trades, Milwaukee continues to lead with a focus on providing innovative, trade-specific solutions. Whether it is through their leadership in LITHIUM-ION technology, as seen in the M12™, M18™ & MX FUEL™ Systems, time-saving accessories or innovative hand tool products, Milwaukee is dedicated to delivering a steady stream of advanced solutions for the trades that offer increased productivity and unmatched durability.
As a Manufacturing Engineer Intern, you would work with regular direction and guidance from a Sr. Engineer. The primary duty is to utilize entry level engineering skills to contribute to improving and developing new manufacturing processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate as a key member of a team working on projects of a large scope.
- Implement lean manufacturing processes by using principles of:
- Kaizen Events
- Time Studies and Line Balancing
- Improve operational quality by completing projects involving:
- Quality standard development
- Root-cause analysis
- Corrective action implementation
- Student must be working toward a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical, or General Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Must have a good working technical discipline and is capable of quickly researching new information as needed for specific projects.
- Must be able to communicate technical status to Engineering Supervisor and project team.