Software Development Lead in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is undergoing a complete digital transformation and adding over 50 positions to our IT Team!
We are an industry-leading manufacturer of heavy-duty power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide, and are looking for a Software Development Lead to help guide our software development team in our rapidly growing organization.
Come build your career while being an instrumental tool in building others!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and team leadership to an agile software development team
- Hands on design and development of applications using technologies such as .NET/React/React Native
- Act as technical leader across the IT organization by promoting good architecture and design
- Monitor industry trends and identify opportunities to leverage new technologies
- Mentor team members
- Engage in interviewing, hiring, and developing of technical talent
- Collaborate with analysts and the development team to estimate projects, features and user stories
- Collaborate with other development teams, analysts, project managers and stakeholders to understand requirements and identify solutions
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
- 7+ years of work experience in software development or an IT related position
- 7+ years of professional development experience
- Strong object-oriented and relational database development skills
- Prior experience acting in a leadership or mentorship capacity on a software development team
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- .NET Core
- Azure/Cloud Experience
- Git/other source control
- Strong UI/Frontend Background
We're progressive problem solvers that help build the world -- come join us and let Milwaukee Tool build your career!