Manufacturing Engineering Manager in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. Ensures the manufacturing engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively. Responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process. Reviews, evaluates, and implements engineering changes and specification requirements.
This position is a fundamental part of our operations team located in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. This individual should be self-motivated with proven project experience as well as leading and mentoring engineers. This person must exhibit a strong drive for continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead mid to high level manufacturing projects, providing direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members.
- Attend NPD meetings, oversee manufacturing team to develop and maintain manufacturing action plans for new tooling, equipment, and production scheduling needs.
- Coordinate NPD builds and follow up actions, including but not limited to Engineering Builds, Qualification Builds, and Pilot builds.
- Create collaborative project communication channels with NPD, Engineering, Manufacturing, Production Scheduling, Quality, Supervision, and floor operators.
- Develop and maintain Gantt Charts, Project Schedule, Risk Assessment, and Contingency Plans.
- Develop action plans, project metrics, and then measure and report progress of improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Deliver formal presentations to leadership regarding project status.
Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement:
- Research, develop, and implement new manufacturing processes and capital equipment to improve current throughput, scrap/rework reduction, reduce cost, improve quality and improve reliability.
- Drive major strategic cost, quality and delivery initiatives with aggressive focus on breakthrough process and technology improvements to achieve a substantial competitive advantage.
- Oversee and conduct equipment certification and run-off, using statistical analysis tools to verify process rate, capability and Gage R&R.
- Oversee Continuous Improvement and cost savings projects.
- Familiar with GD&T, Process Flow Diagrams, PFMEA, and Control Plans.
- Kaizen Activities, Visual Management, Value Stream Mapping, 5S, OEE, Work Instructions, Time Studies, Line Balancing, etc.
- Oversee development of operational KPI's and various metrics to communicate shop and business performance.
- Use a DMAIC, 8D, or 5 Why? approach to solving problem.
Process Design Analysis
- Perform a wide variety of calculations and software aided analysis.
- Possess a creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best total cost solution.
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test process extremes and build a robust risk assessment analysis matrix to ensure project success.
- Well rounded understanding of financial impacts.