Electronics Engineering Technician - Batteries and Chargers
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization. That's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process. As a result, our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Electronics Engineering Technician will support new product design teams through test development, data analysis and competitor benchmarking. You will configure products for testing, log the measurements for data collection/ graphing, and troubleshoot, repair and modify circuit board assemblies focusing on the chargers and live batteries.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, rework, and repair chargers and live batteries.
- Test chargers and live batteries in methods that are consistent with best practices for lithium ion charging systems.
- Hand soldering of SMT and through-hole components onto prototype circuit boards.
- Operate various lab equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and e-loads.
- Collect data through various equipment and software programs.
- Perform tests per work instructions and other procedures.
- Prepare reports of test results and make recommendations.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks to achieve desired outcomes and deliver to deadlines.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or High School diploma accompanied by 2+ years of experience.
- Experience with mechanical/electrical principles, test equipment, product. life/performance test procedures and methods.
- Capability to lift and manipulate 30lbs.
- Interest and ability to use power tools to simulate consumer usage.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience with Lithium Ion battery charging system methods and test environments.
- Experience in using data acquisition equipment such as Agilent data buckets.
- Experience in viewing schematics and PCB layout files in an environment such as Altium.
- Mechanical mindset and aptitude.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.