The Senior Sourcing Analyst--Power Tool Accessories leads the sourcing duties of the assigned commodities, components/assemblies, equipment, suppliers, and manufacturing site support. The right candidate will utilize their sourcing / supplier management experience to ensure our sourced products exceed the required quality, cost, lead-time, and terms of Milwaukee Tool. The Senior Sourcing Analyst will directly support various New Product Development (NPD), cost reduction, facilities/Capex, and supply base improvement projects.
Under the direction of and reporting to a Sourcing Manager of Milwaukee Tool, The Senior Sourcing Analyst acts as an independent problem solver, process developer, financial/commodity analyst, communication nexus, and strategic planner. The ideal candidate should be comfortable rolling up their sleeves and solving supply problems, negotiating multi-year contracts, and developing 5-year commodity roadmaps.
The key stakeholder for any Sourcing Analyst is the plant's materials and production teams that directly utilize the sourced materials. Acting as the advocate between the supply-base and the production facility to improve our service levels and cost position is the key measure of our success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver Product to our Customers--Fulfillment/Quality:
- Provides ongoing vendor management support in the form of Forecasts, Purchase Orders, Invoice and Quality problem resolution, and related issues.
- Monitors and analyzes Supplier capacity, global demand, and vendor quality.
- Supports escalated/expedited purchased deliveries, revises purchase orders, effects cancellations, improves terms, resolves disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjusts invoice discrepancies, and rectifies other related problems as assigned.
- Identifies and implements supply base improvement opportunities to support both short term and long-term production / product needs.
- Drive Strategy:
- Supports the building of long-term commercial relationships with strategic suppliers while delivering to the business metrics.
- Builds internal stakeholder relationships to understand business procurement needs
- Completes data analyses and generates reports to drive spend visibility and identify opportunities for supply base optimization.
- Participates in the development, review, and approval of supplier selection methodologies
- Develop expertise in applicable manufacturing processes and capabilities, materials, applications, and industry trends.
- Optimize Value:
- Research market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to enhance negotiations for assigned categories and contracts.
- Conducts, analyzes, and shares cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost; drives best overall cost and commercial terms.
- Supports PPV reviews, standard setting, commodity, and financial reviews
- Innovation--NPD Sourcing:
- Supports New product development projects in assigned category
- Proactively coordinates the supplier selection and qualification process.
- Partner with VE teams on process, supplier, and capacity development
- Prepares and executes RFP/RFQ's and analyzes quotations and bids.
Job Skills Requirements
- Demonstrates attributes of being a determined, self-driven and resourceful individual.
- Ability to react quickly in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exhibits strong negotiating skills and demonstrates proven success breaking down complex issues to proactively identify and align stakeholders to next steps.
- Excellent organization/time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Engineering, Finance, related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Specific course-work in purchasing, materials management, engineering, or quality assurance desirable.
- Three or more years in sourcing, materials planning, supplier quality or related supply chain experience, including proven capability using advanced procurement principles with global supply chain management responsibilities.
- Internship/Co-Op experiences in purchasing, manufacturing, or related experience a plus
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or globally (up to 10%).