Concept Industrial Design Lead
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Project teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis fabrics, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
We need you to lead our Concept Industrial Design Team!
If you are a...
- DRIVER who thrives in ambiguous scenarios in which the correct direction(s) is not yet obvious. Great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available and acting with limited information or direction?
- PASSIONATE INNOVATOR with an irresistible drive to invent new solutions to old problems?
- DESIGN THINKER who has mastered different methods, processes, tools, & execution?
- EXPERT OBSERVER practiced in recognizing patterns and opportunities in research and data?
- EFFICIENT TIME MANAGER with the strong ability to evaluate a project's needs and pair most effective and efficient methodologies to maximize the designer's potential and meet project goals?
- TEACHER at heart with the natural desire to grow and develop designers through active mentorship and candid constructive feedback?
- KILLER SKETCH ARTIST able to move from quick line drawings to full color vision sketches with ease?
- DOER, TINKERER, MAKER creatively solving challenges with a hands-on approach?
- PROFICIENT CAD MODELER for quick mockups to understand proportions and support renderings?
- MODELMAKER adept at supporting ergonomic & form study mockups to high fidelity prototypes?
- MECHANICALLY MINDED DESIGNER with a strong manufacturing understanding to ground ideas but also have a finger on the pulse of industry, material, and process trends?
- FLEXIBLE DESIGN NINJA willing and able to change course on designs as new information is presented?
- TRUE TEAM PLAYER who can work alongside Engineering, Product Management & Design Research. Do you understand the strengths, value, and know how to correctly utilize each member of the team most effectively?
- Just a manager -- because we are doer's who show, not tell.
- A stylist -- because we are inventors and visionaries.
- Here just to draw pretty pictures -- because we are the champion of our core users.
- A lone wolf -- because we are a world-class team of eclectic talents and personalities.
- A surface designer -- because we use the best tools to communicate intent, not polish details.
- A cog in the machine -- because we are the trend setters and market makers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead design efforts on front-end projects. You will be a key member on collaborative, cross-disciplinary team looking at everything from discovery of new white space for exploration of new ideas to solving specific problems.
- Develop and mentor less experience concept designers
- Set processes and frameworks as necessary to ensure high performance and continuity for concept design team.
- Work with core project team members to conduct in-context ethnographic field research. Travel required.
- Work closely with team members to analyze data and develop rich, actionable insights.
- Facilitate ideation sessions, leveraging opportunities defined in research, utilize various brainstorming methodologies to pull creative product solutions out of the team and develop them further into full-fledged concepts, scenarios, and compelling user stories.
- Help to develop presentations to communicate project progress, and design intent.
- Experience: 10+ years of consultancy or corporate experience working in Front End Innovation (FEI) teams.
- Team leadership of design teams as a manager or team lead 2+ years required.
- Experience with Design Thinking methods, processes, tools, & execution required.
- BS or BFA in Industrial Design required.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.