INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Embedded Systems Engineer I will collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams globally to design, build and qualify innovative embedded systems revolving around novel sensors, motor control, rich user interfaces, and wireless connectivity to our tools. You will join a team of passionate electronic, firmware, mechanical and IoT engineers to deliver the next Milwaukee Tool breakthroughs.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of senior engineers, design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot embedded electronics including hardware and firmware for low to mid-level complexity projects.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Conduct experiments, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Create test plans for electronic components and assemblies within scope of project.
- Track project design and test workflows to ensure adherence to schedule and Milwaukee Tool's processes.
- Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Develop and apply manufacturing mindset to designs to effectively and efficiently mass produce power tools.
- Acquire knowledge and maintain an understanding of Milwaukee Tool's development and manufacturing processes.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Understanding of embedded systems, PCBA manufacturing and power electronics.
- Familiarity with schematic capture, PCBA layout software, and circuit simulation tools.
- Working knowledge of C programming targeted at an implementation on microcontrollers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Working knowledge of a second modern programming language such as Python or C++.
- Experience with analog and digital system design.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.