Plastic Injection Molding Technician
The Plastics Process Technician is responsible for setting up, processing and qualifying thermoplastic components for precision tools, working with a dedicated team of Plastics Professionals
As a Plastics Process Technician, you will:
- Utilize CMM equipment and other measuring tools to qualify First Shot dimensional specifications
- Monitor and maintain process control using RJG and WinSPC tools
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all set-up hardware including waterlines, water fittings, clamps, bolts, washers and spacers
- Maintain order and cleanliness of all work areas using 5S principles
- Set up and program automation
- Identify and records any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system
- Set-up and start-up Molding Machines and auxiliary equipment
- Troubleshoot machine stoppages such as stuck parts, blocked cavities etc. with Journeyman guidance
- Perform color changes and insert changes
- Material handling, die cleaning and break relief as necessary
- Document set-up information
- Relay pertinent product and quality-related information to Operators, Inspectors, Supervisors and peers -- written and verbal
- Perform tool sampling, die disassembly/reassembly, and metrology lab work
- Other duties and projects determined by production
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- Completion of an accredited two-year technical college program, or a four-year university program, in a related field of study is preferred.
- 5 + years of plastics injection molding experience.
- Working knowledge of injection molding processes.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Mechanical skills.
- RJG Master Molder certification is a strong plus