The Associate Supply Planner will be responsible for the balancing of inventory and incoming supply with demand to improve and maintain the delivery performance and inventory turns. The individual will provide input to the Supply Chain Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products including product life-cycle changes, and product end-of-life.
The Supply Planner will work closely with the Demand Planner, who is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products and executing the demand portion of the monthly S&OP process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain production plans for items.
- Place/manage orders to coincide with supply plans from production facilities and 3rd party suppliers.
- Manage adjustments to plans as necessary, including changes to PO's, schedules, standard costing, etc. within the ERP system.
- Inventory planning and strategy development, such as target levels and promotional builds, etc.
- Monitor slow moving inventory and obsolescence and drive improvements to achieve inventory goals and reduce obsolescence.
- Analyze, monitor daily utilization, capacity and performance statistics for suppliers and work centers.
- Communication of risks & identify mitigation options related to inventory and supply plans in terms of lead time and capacity constraints for products.
- Work with Operations teams/suppliers to develop Recovery Plans as necessary.
- Reach agreement with sales and marketing on acceptable/equitable quantities and timing.
- Develop complete analysis/timeline related to supply and demand for new product launches, product end of life, product transitions, and products transferring production location.
- Maintain metrics/scorecards on KPI's, including fill rates, inventory turns, E&O inventory, and production schedule adherence.
- Develop & Execute inventory strategies for product life cycle changes and product end-of- life.
- Cross train to cover for another supply planner's product category, supplier or production facility in all supply planning tasks.
- Ability to travel 10-25% of time.
- Other duties/continuous improvement projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics/Operations Management or related field
- Understanding of ERP or WMS systems.
- Proficient use of MS Excel.
- APICS Certification (CPIM, CSCP)
- Six Sigma/Lean Training
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP / MRP experience
- Oracle ERP / MRP Experience