WE CREATE EMPOWERED LEADERS! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to provide technical solutions on our IT Team.
Our IT team is responsible for supporting our continued growth by partnering with each function to align the IT strategy and identify solutions, automating business processes, developing custom software solutions, providing, and governing access to data, evaluating, and implementing purchased software solutions, enabling advanced technologies like AI and ML, and managing the infrastructure and security these solutions require across the enterprise. We work to solve business challenges and drive efficiency through technology.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to support the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Your Role on Our Team
As a Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer, you will combine strong technical abilities with leadership skills to deliver business value in a fast-paced, collaborative development environment. You will be self-driven, capable of effective collaborate with different technical and non-technical stakeholders, an experienced mentor, a steward of best practices, and seek to deliver successfully against high operational standards.
You'll be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Create and build robust data intelligence solutions to support end user's analysis and decision making across multiple business verticals. This includes both end-to-end architecting and business solutioning as it relates to BI tooling.
- Work with the end users to understand requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into an effective systems and mechanisms to generate ongoing, regular insights to inform business development/management.
- Effectively communicate and interact with business and technical personnel in solving complex data related business and technical problems in partnership with Data Engineers.
- Monitor business intelligence eco-system and identify opportunities to make enhancements. Provide ongoing support for all current BI projects and provide status updates to management as needed.
- Ensure BI processes run and complete on a timely basis to ensure business continuity.
Adhere to timelines and excel in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- 5 or more years of industry experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, or related field with a demonstrable track record in developing data intelligence solutions that are correct, stable, and high performing; provide business value; and use resources efficiently (e.g. system hardware, data storage, query optimization, cloud infrastructure, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Advanced skills in SQL (e.g. MS SQL, T-SQL, PostgreSQL, SPARQL), data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Expert with data visualization (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Python/R, Looker, etc.) with experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
- Ability to ensure data accuracy and data integrity by proactively identifying problems/issues.
- Cloud Experience preferred (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation ("Milwaukee Tool") is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking to employ and advance in employment qualified persons without discrimination and to not allow harassment of any employee or applicant because of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, physical or mental disability, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, and any other status protected by local, state, or federal law.