At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success. One of our most critical teams is the team at our Distribution Center. Every day, this team is on the front lines making sure our customers receive the right products at the right time. As part of this team, you'll help carry out the logistics of receiving, processing, storing, and shipping our products.
We are an inclusive workplace that encourages diversity of thought, experience, and background to solve complex problems as one team. Every employee is encouraged to continuously improve and grow, and it is a top priority for managers to develop their teams, making a wide range of internal development opportunities available to all employees.
We are One Team, overcoming obstacles together and celebrating together. Come be part of a winning team that feels like family.
To learn more about our story click HERE.
Team Member Benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance along with a 401(K) program, a wellness program, fitness center, PTO, and much more
- Access to a free on-site wellness clinic for all full-time employees and their dependents who are enrolled in our healthcare plan
- Career advancement opportunities
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads a team to effectively and efficiently manage the day to day operations and activities of facilities and programs in an assigned area.
- Solicits feedback from Team Leads and Associate Supervisor related to performance and takes corrective action when needed.
- Leads in the recruitment, hiring, promoting, and terminating processes as needed.
- Works with manager to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Sets schedules according to workload
- Serves as a back-up in the absence of the Manager
- Fosters a high degree of morale among associates, including providing feedback, recognition, and rewards.
- Conducts or delegates or shift start-up meetings; communicates information related to culture, safety, production, accuracy, recognition, and facility/HR updates to keep team members informed
- Leads the performance review process and enters ratings in PEAK
Speed, Agility, Urgency:
- Provides timely, ongoing communication ensuring the appropriate dissemination of information to team leads and associates within the area.
- Responsible for creating overall shift schedules and serving as back up for the Manager.
- Final payroll approver in Kronos
- Identifies measures that can improve various warehouse processes without the additional financial burden.
- Develops all employees to become a valuable part of the team to ensure their skills are at par with warehouse standards and regulations.
- Responsible for identifying and growing future team leaders within Milwaukee Tool.
- Provides formal and informal feedback on an ongoing basis and leads the annual performance evaluation process to identify and develop talent.
- Recommends employee corrective actions including recommendations for termination
- Establishes operational strategy and related activities to facilitate consistent area goal achievement.
- Maintains and enforces a clean and safe working environment.
- Drives safety and culture and holds team members accountable for compliance including but not limited to adhering to safety incident reporting/protocols.
What tools you'll bring with you:
- Unwavering focus on safety
- Leadership experience and potential for future growth, able to coach on performance issues and discipline as necessary
- Results-focused, takes ownership of team success
- Strategically minded, able to assess team's needs and delegate effectively to exceed objectives
- Exceptional communication skills, candid, able to delegate and manage the team successfully around multiple projects and priorities
- Able to problem-solve quickly and execute solutions effectively
- Has a development mindset, develops team for growth and is coachable. Continues to focus on their growth in the role to improve their skills
- Exemplifies Culture
Physical and Weightlifting Demands:
- Frequent bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling of tools and boxes
- Standing for long periods of time, as well as repetitive motion
- Operate manual pallet jacks (Operation of other equipment is a plus!)
- Able to work in various temperature conditions
- Ability to lift and/or move objects up to 70lbs
The physical and weightlifting demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.