Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for working with the suppliers in addressing component issues and suppliers qualification. This position serves as a production gate to ensure components for product are at the highest quality possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with purchasing to qualify suppliers for new product development initiatives.
- Work with suppliers to ensure components for new product meet drawings and specification, ready to be assembled on the production line.
- Problem solve issues that arise during new product development process.
- Create and implement receiving inspection process for all new components.
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization as well as ensure high quality suppliers in supply chain network.
- Establish short term and long term supplier quality goals.
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure product arrive according to schedule.
- Research, develop and revise Quality Policies, Procedures, System Instructions, Engineering Standards and Work Instructions that govern the operations of the Quality Engineering Department and Quality-related activities of the Corporate Office, manufacturing facilities and distribution center.
- Provide services to the manufacturing, distribution and suppliers in process improvement to reduce process variation and increase process control.
- Use and maintain database for document control and corrective action.
- Provide formal and informal training on statistical techniques and continuous improvement tools, such as process analysis, flowcharting, design of experiments and strategic planning, to engineers, buyers, suppliers, etc.
- Conceive, plan, organize and coordinate all phases of assigned special projects to improve efficiencies, simplify workflow and reduce costs.
- Participate in reviewing designs of new products and engineering changes with respect to product quality control/assurance and gauge requirements and recommend changes as required. Isolate and identify critical quality requirements.
- Establish standards to measure process improvement and performance.
- Coordinate the corrective action system used in the corporate office to ensure timely root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventive action.
- Perform process and quality system audits to ensure compliance to specifications and documented procedures.
- Determine acceptance quality levels by means of random sampling techniques, where feasible.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- 5+ plus years of related work experience or equivalent that includes training in quality engineering fundamentals.
- Understand how to real and interpret blur print drawings as well as testing specification standards (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance, etc.).