Director - Human Resources
Olive Branch, Mississippi
"Every company says it has the best people in the world, but when you look at our story over the last decade, the proof of that is glaringly apparent. Our constant has been, and will always be, the passion, determination, and all-out obsession of our employees." Steve Richman - Group President of Milwaukee Tool
At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion for being the best and pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand that is unparalleled. The Milwaukee culture is unique and has been a key reason for our business success.
As the Director of Talent Management -- Distribution, your mission is to lead the charge in rebuilding the Distribution Talent Management Team, while partnering with operations leadership to provide an energizing and engaging work environment.
Who you are:
You thrive in an environment of ambiguity and change and have exceled in your previous HR roles within a distribution and/or operations function. You have also succeeded in driving continuous program improvements in a demanding and rapidly changing business environment.
To be successful in this role you will:
Partner with operations leadership and other talent functions to accomplish the following:
- Design and implement the Talent Management strategy for Milwaukee Tool Distribution
- Partner with Corporate Talent Management Leadership to align on the core components of Talent Management which include the Talent Review process, Employee Retention, Employee Relations, Internal Talent Mobility, Organizational Transformation, and Compliance.
- Set the vision, goals, and expectations within the Distribution HR team to accelerate the team for scale and dynamic growth while aligning with overall organizational goals.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to the total org
- Recruit, develop and retain a high performing talent management team to provide best in class service the Distribution leadership team and employees.
- Partner with Corporate Talent Functions on strategy, design, and delivery in the areas of Talent Operations, Development, and Acquisition.
- Work with leadership cross-functionally to deeply understand the business and proactively identify trends and challenges.
- Create and implement solutions based on data insights.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of progressive HR experience.
- You have relevant work experience in a distribution and/or manufacturing company with multiple locations.
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in related field and/or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience using Workday is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the leadership team.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment and diplomacy.
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to analyze, interrupt, and tell a story with data.
- Ability to travel on occasion to various Milwaukee Tool locations in the United States (Less than 15% travel).