INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Senior Electrical Engineer -- Electronics Technology works cross-functionally to research and design electronic technologies relating to existing and future product development within Milwaukee Tool.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Execute a lead role in simulating, designing, and validating various AC/DC, DC/DC, and DC/AC power conversion topologies.
- Work on complex projects from requirements and specifications including topology and component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, test plan development and execution of power electronic circuitry based on requirements.
- Create new design documents, schematic, layout, bill of materials, test plan and test results.
- Research and engage with prospective suppliers on selection of new technology.
- Provide candid and effective communications up, down and across the organization on progress, barrier removal and escalation of business risks/opportunities.
- Demonstrate Milwaukee Tools Culture of high performance and agility by independently creating Work Breakdown Structure for your work and driving to critical milestones.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Serve as a role model Milwaukee Tool's culture while mentoring, guiding, and coaching junior Engineers. Grow the ability to lead and manage a small team.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Power Electronics design field.
- Firm understanding of analog circuit design and troubleshooting, semiconductor devices (BJT, MOSFET, rectifiers for both small signal and power circuits), support circuits (gate drives, voltage, and current transducers), and MCU/UC interface circuits.
- Knowledge of industry best practices especially for power electronics circuit layout, schematic capture, PCB layout software, and circuit simulation.
- Proficient in various SMPS topologies (Flyback, Forward, Buck, Boost, Push-Pull, LLC, and others).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus in Power Electronics
- Desire to experiment, prototype and work on new technologies in Electrical Engineering such as new circuits, devices and concepts, motor control, power supplies, battery electronics and charger technology.
- Familiarity with basic control and feedback mechanisms; C programming and embedded control considered a plus.
- Familiarity with design of and basic tradeoffs involved with magnetic components such as transformers, inductors, chokes, current transformers, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to look at the issue systemically for driving design trade-off discussion take concepts on paper to working prototypes on the bench.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.