Continuous Improvement Project Leader
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Project Leader supports the development and deployment of an enterprise-wide business process improvement strategy. The CI Project Leader is a change agent responsible for advancing our Continuous Improvement culture by analyzing the effectiveness of business processes then developing and executing action plans to achieve optimal future state, enhance overall customer experience, reduce costs, and streamline processes.
This position is a fundamental part of our cross-functional team located in a fast-paced environment of the corporate office. The ideal candidate will be a strong facilitator with proven process improvement experience in various transactional processes including supply chain, marketing, finance, and sales.
It will also be necessary to be a strong project leader, facilitating transactional and operational kaizen and process mapping activities with groups that may be unfamiliar with Lean tools. You will need to influence and motive project teams that span multiple departments and locations. Equally important, will be simultaneously managing multiple enterprise CI projects from project definition through sustainment of improvements.
Duties, Responsibilities, & Objectives:
- Effectively facilitates teams through problem solving and creative thinking to accomplish short term and long term goals
- Apply appropriate lean tools depending on situation -- VSM, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, JIT, Kanban, Visual Management, Pull systems, DMAIC, PFMEA, Root cause, 8D, and 5-why analysis etc.
- Facilitate strategic Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Quick hit projects from definition through execution. Coordinate cross-functional resources for these events and communicate the results throughout the business.
- Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state. Well-rounded understanding of financial impacts of these scenarios.
- Implement robust improvements that will scale as we grow
- Develop and deliver training to all levels of organization as needed. Build the skills of all functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring in lean management tools.
- Lead projects of Medium to Large complexity
- Develop and execute action plans and project timelines using strong project management skills.
- Develop project charters, project plans, and project governance documents. Track project progress for scope, budget, schedule and resources.
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes executive-level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up communication, perseverance and consistency.
- Drive accountability for team to successfully complete tasks.
- Acts as CEO of project - Takes accountability and possesses a sense of urgency for entire project outcome.
- Capability to quickly establish credibility, influence project teams and persuade professionals at all levels.
- Partners with key stakeholders and effectively communicates up, down, and across the organization
- Leads with clear direction of priorities in a climate of change
- Maintains a strategic cross functional mindset and understands how business decisions will impact entire organization
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent years of directly related experience in Lean/Continuous Improvement roles
- 4+ years of experience with business process improvement
- Previous Facilitator and Coaching experiences where problem solving, process development and/or behavior change methods and tools have been used
- Strong Proficiency in Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping & Kaizen
- Advanced project management skills in MS Project
- Advanced Data analysis skills in MS Excel, Pareto, Control charts, PowerPivot, and/or VBA
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Periodic travel may be required up to 25%
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- EDI, ERP, Distribution, and/or Inventory Management experience
- Change Management Certification