Construction Project Leader
The Business Operations Project Leader leads development and deployment of key enterprise-wide, strategic initiatives. The Business Operations Project Leader leads and directs client leaders/team members throughout the project(s) which typically have a 6-24mo. duration. This role is responsible for owning multiple, moderate to highly complex and potentially under-defined, projects in parallel with minimal direction.
This position is a fundamental part of our facility and property team located in a fast-paced transactional environment of the corporate office. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with proven "big picture" vision, problem solving and change management experience, in various construction and building related projects. (campus planning, construction, remodeling, relocation, property management, retro fit)
Duties, Responsibilities, & Objectives:
- Develop and execute project plans using strong project management skills. Drive accountability for team to successfully complete tasks.
- Capability to quickly establish credibility with different business units, influence project teams and persuade professionals at all levels.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance. At times, taking step back to evaluate against business and departmental big picture.
- Schedules, develops agendas for, and facilitates/manages project meetings. Documentation of discussion with action items effectively captured is shared shortly thereafter.
- Track project schedules keeping visibility to team members and stakeholders, to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes executive level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Provide multiple "what-if" scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state. Well-rounded understanding of financial impacts of these scenarios.
- Determines appropriate level of stress/testing to place on project improvement initiative to prove reliability of improvement or change. Works with business to develop these test plans and methodologies.
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up communication, perseverance and consistency.
- Identify and escalate (when needed) key project hurdles or roadblocks.
- Develop handoff process of project to department leaders and facility teams.
- Manage vendors and budget where we hold the contract.
- Alignment to overall design brief and growth plan to minimize scope creep.
- Coordinate project request intake process to set up active project
- Work with client and designer to develop scope of project
- Develop and manage change order process
- Work with internal department leaders to coordinate and include team when decisions need to be made that are part of a group's standards and/or effect other part of the business.
- Periodic travel may be required up to 10%.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, construction management or equivalent years of directly related experience in construction-project management/leader or corporate real estate roles.
- Minimum 3-5 years related project experience.
- Previous facilitator and coaching experiences where problem solving, process development and/or behavior change methods and tools have been used.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including MS Project or similar.
- Advanced project leadership skills.
- Worked with design professionals to understand the process prior to project kickoff.
- Success in managing multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, making sound decisions and working effectively in a matrix environment.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills in an executive setting.
- Track record of success with teams, driving change and implementing new processes that significantly improve business
- Effective written and oral communication skills, ability to establish rapport and credibility.
- Innovative problem solver-resolve issues and challenges with strong sense of urgency.
- Construction site experience working with a team that has built/remodeled multimillion commercial buildings.