Milwaukee Tool is changing jobsites every day with our commitment to innovation and solving problems for our end-users. We are currently looking for a Staff Apparel Designer to support the growing Jobsite Apparel category.
The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of experience in a corporate design environment. They will be comfortable contributing their skills throughout the entire product development process, including fabric selection, garment design, fitting, technical development, and communication with vendors. Our team is small, dynamic, and agile, so candidates with a collaborative nature and entrepreneurial spirit will be successful in meeting the needs of each project.
- Be a pro-active contributor through entire design/development process: research, concept development, fabric selection, flat sketching, tech pack creation, design presentations, fitting sessions, garment reviews and factory discussions
- Collaborate with Creative Design Lead, Materials Designer, Technical Designer, on setting design direction and developing products.
- Collaborate with Product Manager, Project Leader to help establish and meet the needs of the project/product brief
- Understand our end user- Work directly with marketing and design research to understand user needs through in-the-field research
- Focus design efforts on the end user to achieve opportunities for product innovation and customer satisfaction
- Will work closely with cross functional team members including Project Leaders, Product Management, Brand Management, Executive Leadership, and the larger Design team.
- BA in Apparel Design, Industrial Design, Fashion Design or related field of study preferred
- Minimum 4+ years of professional experience in designing apparel. Outdoor gear or Workwear preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience on PC systems, including Office software
- Strong visualization skills -- ability to effectively communicate design intent through free-hand sketching and flat sketching, along with vector-based drawings on the computer
- Understanding of the history and direction of market trends within workwear
- Ability to communicate clearly with multiple stakeholders, in a very candid fashion, throughout the design process
- Must have exceptional time management skills and ability to work autonomously when appropriate
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and respond to changes in an agile fashion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with 3D pattern software a plus, but not required
- Willing to travel for work, including internationally, 5-15% of time
***Please submit your resume along with a sample portfolio showing your process from start to finish. Both PDF or links are acceptable.***