The Senior Continuous Improvement (CI) Engineer assists the development and deployment of an enterprise-wide business process improvement strategy. The CI Engineer is a change agent responsible for building a culture of waste elimination by analyzing the effectiveness of business processes then developing and executing action plans to reduce costs, streamline processes, and enhance overall customer experience.
This position is a fundamental part of our cross-functional team located in a fast-paced transactional environment. The ideal candidate will have proven Lean experience with various processes spanning the business from order to cash. Position requires a self-motivated individual who exhibits the passion for continuous improvement, who is a strong facilitator and takes initiative to get things done.
It will also be necessary to be a strong project leader, facilitating kaizen and value stream mapping activities with groups that may be unfamiliar with Lean tools. You will need to influence and motive project teams that span multiple departments and locations. Equally important, will be simultaneously managing multiple enterprise CI projects from project definition through sustainment of improvements.
Job Duties and Responsibilites:
- Work with leadership in the development, implementation, and sustainment of an Enterprise CI Strategy to drive a CI mindset throughout the organization and deliver tangible improvements in business performance.
- Lead strategic Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Quick hit projects from definition through execution. Coordinate cross-functional resources for these events and communicate the results throughout the business.
- Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state. Well rounded understanding of financial impacts of these scenarios.
- Develop and execute action plans. Track project progress. Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes executive level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up, control and sustainment.
- Develop and deliver Lean training to all levels of organization as needed. Build the skills of all functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring in lean management tools.
Implement lean tools such as Kanban, Visual Management, Pull systems, Root cause and 5-why analysis etc.
- Develop and deliver lean training modules to all levels of the organization.
- Lead enterprise-wide projects that involve various levels of the organization including manufacturing, procurement, sales, marketing, engineering and distribution.
- Develop a culture of change that fosters a willingness to question the status quo and take calculated risks.
- Use problem-solving tools to identify root causes of problems. Implement temporary countermeasures and develop permanent solutions to eliminate identified problems.
What tools you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent years of directly related experience in Lean/Continuous Improvement programs
- Three+ years with business process design in continuous improvement efforts; business management skills; process management; and manufacturing processes
- Excellent project management skills with strong execution mindset and history of successful delivery.
- Capability to quickly establish credibility, influence project teams and persuade professionals at all levels.
- Must demonstrate skills in the understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Communication Tools, & Problem Solving
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and logic thinking skills to understand and analyze complex business processes
- Advanced Data analysis Skills in MS Excel and/or Minitab
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification