Manager Training and Development
Olive Branch, Mississippi
At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success. One of our most critical teams is the team at our Distribution Center. Every day, this team is on the front lines making sure our customers receive the right products at the right time. As part of this team, you'll help carry out the logistics of receiving, processing, storing, and shipping our products.
We are an inclusive workplace that encourages diversity of thought, experience, and background to solve complex problems as one team. Every employee is encouraged to continuously improve and grow, and it is a top priority for managers to develop their teams, making a wide range of internal development opportunities available to all employees.
We are One Team, overcoming obstacles together and celebrating together. Come be part of a winning team that feels like family.
To learn more about our story click HERE.
Team Member Benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance along with a 401(K) program, a wellness program, fitness center, PTO, and much more
- Access to a free on-site wellness clinic for all full-time employees and their dependents who are enrolled in our healthcare plan
- Career advancement opportunities
The Sr. Organizational Development Manager is instrumental in executing Milwaukee's leadership and employee development strategy through facilitation, coaching and leading. This individual will have exceptional assessment skills to work with organization leadership to continually add and enhance leadership offerings. Consulting, partnering and collaboration will be a daily occurrence as decisions are made and programs built or vetted. Highly skilled and confident, the Sr Manager must be able to design, develop and facilitate programs or vet them from external sources. Our Sr Manager will have the flexibility to not only lead in a classroom setting, but also coach. You will often find yourself coaching those at higher levels in the organization. Success also includes the ability to control and guide a dynamic team session that includes all levels of individual contributors and managers.
You are passionate and energetic. You enjoy working on many things at once and at a very quick pace. You build collaborative relationships across the organization and are a key influencer and trusted advisor in your role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with Milwaukee leadership, to develop strategic development programs aligned with strategic priorities and the field leadership structure.
- Design, develop and deliver development solutions and programs using both traditional and e-learning methods.
- Provide dynamic facilitation of classroom-based trainings through the application of a variety of instructional techniques such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, and lectures. Improve managerial effectiveness, increase employee satisfaction and retention, and drive organizational performance through participant engagement and accountability.
- Support transfer of classroom learning through individual coaching, design of real-world, business-specific applications and identification of potential digital job aids.
- Coach Milwaukee leaders at all levels to increase interpersonal and team effectiveness.
- Lead projects and processes requiring strong multi-tasking abilities and ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
What tools you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Psychology, or related field required.
- Minimum eight years' experience in leadership development and organizational development.
- Experience coaching people managers as well as managing own staff.
- Must have experience with direct leadership and managing a team.
- Demonstrated success in the design, development and delivery of learning programs and products.
- Superior oral, written, internal or external consulting and classroom facilitation skills.
- Strong business acumen: problem solving, critical thinking, and leadership in business environments.
- Adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, result-driven, time- critical, rapidly changing environment with minimal daily oversight.
- Results driven and deadline orientated.
- Ability to develop and nurture productive business relationships, and influence key stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Willing to travel (limited).