Project Leader - Continuous Improvement
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Project Leader supports the development and deployment of an enterprise-wide business process improvement strategy. The CI Project Leader is a change agent responsible for building a culture of waste elimination by analyzing the effectiveness of business processes then developing and executing action plans to achieve optimal future state, enhance overall customer experience, reduce costs, and streamline processes. This position is a fundamental part of our cross-functional team located in a fast-paced transactional environment of the corporate office. The ideal candidate will be a strong facilitator with proven process improvement experience in various transactional processes including supply chain, marketing, finance, and sales. It will also be necessary to be a strong project leader, facilitating office process kaizen and process mapping activities with groups that may be unfamiliar with Lean tools. You will need to influence and motive project teams that span multiple departments and locations. Equally important, will be simultaneously managing multiple enterprise CI projects from project definition through sustainment of improvements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Capability to quickly establish credibility, influence project teams and persuade professionals at all levels.
- Facilitate strategic Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Quick hit projects from definition through execution.
- Coordinate cross-functional resources for these events and communicate the results throughout the business.
- Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state. Well rounded understanding of financial impacts of these scenarios.
- Develop and execute project plans using strong project management skills. Develop project charters, project plans, and project governance documents. Track project progress. Drive accountability for team to successfully complete tasks.
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes executive level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up communication, perseverance and consistency.
- Select and execute appropriate lean tools depending on situation -- VSM, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, JIT, Kanban, Visual Management, Pull systems, DMAIC, PFMEA, Root cause, 8D, and 5-why analysis etc.
- Develop and deliver training to all levels of organization as needed. Build the skills of all functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring in lean management tools.
- Periodic travel may be required up to 25%
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent years of directly related experience in Lean/Continuous Improvement roles
- 4+ years of experience with business process improvement
- Previous Facilitator and Coaching experiences where problem solving, process development and/or behavior change methods and tools have been used
- Strong Proficiency in Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping; Kaizen
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced Data analysis skills in MS Excel, Minitab, Pareto, Control charts, PowerPivot, and/or VBA Desired Qualifications:
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- EDI, ERP, Distribution, and/or Inventory Management experience