Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Human Resources
Date Posted: 6/23/2021
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing a weekly Payroll for Milwaukee Tool. This role will report to the Payroll Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payroll for 3200+ weekly paid employees
- Assist Lead Payroll Specialist with processing payroll for 3500+ biweekly paid employees
- Maintain accurate payroll records including adjustments, gross to net calculations, and preparing manual checks using HRIS.
- Balance, audit, and reconcile payroll reports
- Research payroll matters and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees and other departments
- Answer court orders for child support, maintenance, garnishments, and levies.
- Update Payroll documents on company intranet as needed
- Review data integrity in HRIS, escalating issues when apparent and assist in problem resolution
- Download, interpret, and send payroll GL files to Treasury. Assist with inquiry resolution.
- Calculate time off payouts at termination and year-end
- Prepare Payroll funding sheets weekly
- Assist with projects related to payroll and HRIS
- Maintain knowledge of Workforce Management system, assisting with troubleshooting, configuration, and training when necessary
- Run adhoc reports for payroll as requested
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a high school diploma, Associates degree in Business Administration or Communications preferred
- 2 Years of payroll experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Previous experience with ADP HRIS system preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in face-paced, high volume environment
- Outstanding attention to detail, organization, time management, and follow-up skills
- High level of professionalism and independence
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.