INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Chief Engineer - IoT Embedded Systems will build, manage, and motivate a world class team of engineers in the design and implementation of embedded Internet of Things wireless systems and identify engineering trends to drive strategies and Milwaukee Tool's technical direction. You will work through the product development process in a team environment interacting with cross-functional stakeholders such as hardware, firmware, mechanical, product development, and reliability engineers.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and lead a team of engineers for the design, prototype, test, and troubleshooting of platform embedded electronics firmware and hardware for IoT applications level to meet the needs of the organization.
- Use laboratory equipment such as network, power, spectrum, and protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes, and data acquisition systems.
- Organize and align across product team and commercial managers to develop a robust product strategy and development roadmap.
- Collaborate with marketing, project leadership, and product owners to add new IoT features for next generation power tools
- Work with component suppliers and manufacturers for proper component selection on existing projects and providing input into future product needs.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to senior leadership.
- Grow the team to increase project capacity while maintaining exemplary performance.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down, and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project cost and metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Champion and drive new processes and procedures to meet the needs of a changing business.
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Develop plans to evaluate and assess the emerging technology market space to fit/compliment Milwaukee Tool product initiatives and development.
- Define overall product design strategies, common architectures, and shared design building blocks across multiple products/projects.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of highly successful experience in related field.
- 5+ years of team leadership experience.
- Expert understanding and knowledge of common wireless communications protocols such as Bluetooth Low Energy, Cellular, Wi-Fi, Zig-bee or LoRa.
- Understanding of wireless communications, embedded systems, and PCBA manufacturing.
- Analog and digital system tradeoffs and design, including signal integrity and noise analysis.
- Experience in C programming targeted at an implementation on microcontrollers.
- Experience with schematic capture, PCB layout, and circuit simulation tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience designing Bluetooth Low Energy products.
- Knowledge of RF HW or Antenna design and test.
- Working knowledge of C programming targeted at an implementation on microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of firmware development tools and processes.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.