Under the direction of and reporting to the Vice President -- Field Marketing, primary duties are to plan, grow and manage the new safety product category(s) through the administration and coordination of a variety of sales and marketing functions while maintaining a cooperative relationship with internal and external customers
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead commercial research, planning, and execution for upcoming high-focus product launches.
- Work with all Milwaukee sales teams to develop a detailed target list and strategic attack plan for each account and user vertical.
- Collaborate with jobsite solutions team and our heavy duty alliance user partners to drive awareness, knowledge, testing, training, and sales on our new line of safety products.
- Collaborate with account owners to presell new products to top distribution partners.
- Define the strategic and tactical requirements for success within the category and within the geographic territory.
- Work cross-functionally to develop distributor programming, merchandising, and marketing material to overdrive new product launches.
- Maintain an up-to-date database of competitive & market information including product catalogs, price lists, programming, and promotions.
- Support internal and external training initiatives.
- Analyze and interpret data from sales initiatives and report to management.
- Assess and analyze new business opportunities and present findings to senior management.
- Maintain up-to-date opportunity funnel to track all major sales initiatives.
- Participate in key customer presentations, line reviews, editorial visits/interviews, trade shows and other industry events as needed to promote the category.
- Attend trade shows, seminars and other industry events as necessary to stay abreast of market and industry trends.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Preferred degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related area.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in Marketing/Sales role(s).
- QSSP training preferred but not required.
- Position requires accomplished analytic, written, verbal and interpersonal skills plus demonstrated track record of achievements in positions or increasing responsibilities, problem solving and decision making abilities.