Under the direction of and reporting to the Vice President - Service Operations, the primary duty of the Regional Service Manager is to supervise, direct and coordinate all after-sales activities of the assigned territories including factory Service Branches, while assisting with management of Authorized Service Centers. Management of the after-sales business will include exceeding set corporate financial goals, actively selling after-sales system solutions to both distribution and end-users, providing expert after-sales product knowledge to distributor/end-user customer base, executing strategic initiatives, partnering with Sales/Jobsite Solutions (JSS) to capture market share, growing sales and building strong relationships and managing specific administrative duties for the region as defined by the Vice President - Service Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operations / Management
- Supervise direct report employees, including coordinating, prioritizing and overseeing all activities, while driving direction of branch operations and assigning responsibilities and duties. When warranted, recommend to Director & GM of Service Operations personnel changes in status and maintain conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of direct reports, including pay administration, setting goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed.
- Manage day to day Regional branch operations, in an effort to grow sales, market share, profitability and service levels. P&L responsibility with expectation to operate within trending, budget and KPI goals.
- Assist with management of Authorized Service Center network, including development of strategic plans, compliance with Milwaukee policies including warranty claims process, and annual reviews of partnership goals.
- Train new branch personnel per onboarding training plan and current branch personnel as needed.
- Responsible for hiring of new branch employees.
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of the Regional Branches engaged in the sale and service of Company products in accordance with established procedures.
- Work with JSS team, local Sales Regional Managers, SAM's and Territory Representatives to coordinate efforts to target key distributors and top professional end users accounts with after-sales solutions
- Team with other individuals within the Jobsite Solutions team, National Accounts, Field Sales, or other corporate personnel to offer assistance to drive sales.
- Drive sales and brand awareness by creating, executing and communicating strategic after-sales business plans. Monitor actual results vs. the plan throughout the year, making adjustments when appropriate.
- Strategically plan customer visits to cultivate relationships, perform presentations, offer innovative after-sales programs and communicate plans. Create opportunities for the account/end user to grow their relationship and business with Milwaukee Tool. Present reports to the accounts which show after-sales KPI tracking and areas of concern and/or opportunity.
- Implement strategic After-Sales corporate brand marketing initiatives, including delivering the Brand Message both internally and to customers.
- Be the after-sales business expert in the defined territory by knowing Milwaukee's breadth of after-sales products and services as well as the competition's.
- With respect to After-Sales, position self as a resource and leader with the field sales and marketing organization assisting them in implementing the Key Accounts business plans.
- Build value added relationships with key customers and organizations in the market.
- Support and implement strategic After-Sales corporate brand marketing initiatives.
- Travel to Branches as needed to serve as back-up to branch personnel who are out of the office.
- Perform sales and service counter duties; draw parts from stock as needed to service counter trade; maintain monetary transactions; record maintenance and assist with inventories as required.
- Perform counter procedures including answering phones, placing orders, logging in tools, and assisting walk-in customer traffic.
- Assist in answering alarm calls and take necessary action to secure company property and goods when needed.
- Develop primary knowledge of the market place (users, applications, products, competition, and channels).
- Provide feedback from the field to corporate management regarding:
- Product and application trends related to new After-Sales products and services.
- Quality and performance of Milwaukee products through filing of Field Product Reports and following up with Q.E. as needed.
- Trends in competition, end users and channels of distribution.
- Assist Director & GM Service Operations in various projects as assigned.
- Develop goals and self-evaluate performance toward achieving those goals.
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to branch operations.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred. Preferably business-related.
- Minimum of three years experience in a Sales/Service related field is preferred.
- Prior management experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess effective business communication skills, broad business perspective, and market savvy.
- Requires a valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time.