The Manager Materials and Scheduling will be responsible to manage the production schedule and drive improvements in planning and operational processes; analyze forecasts and inventory changes; provide accurate and timely information to ensure customer requirements are met and production resources are properly optimized. The role is a key interface with operations to effectively and efficiently manage the shop floor, including coordinating and improving scheduling at the machine/process level. Further, the role through process knowledge and data-driven analysis will be a key contributor to production process and production flow enhancements to drive continuous improvement for the delivery metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and provide scheduling and planning for production departments
- Analyze trends, develop reports, facilitate communication and provide feedback on production and supplier performance
- Work with production teams and suppliers to develop Recovery Plans as necessary
- Perform Risk Analysis and Risk Planning on the schedule when necessary
- Advises management of risks that may affect schedules or expected deliveries
- Use MRP System to forecast production demand, manage customer forecast, safety stock requirements, and maintain desired inventory levels
- Oversee the process of expediting orders and communicate with Customer Service of any concerns
- Monitor slow moving inventory and obsolescence and drive improvements to achieve inventory goals and reduce obsolescence
- Work with manufacturing, maintenance and support departments to improve production efficiencies
- Balance current and future customer demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities
- Recommend adjustments to forecasts and inventory levels
- Collect daily utilization, capacity and performance statistics for all departments and work centers
- Serve as the capacity-planning expert on cross-functional production and project teams
- Create monthly reports on key utilization and performance
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of the Master Production Schedule and report performance internally for all products.
- Responsible for determining material availability, capacity, and production priorities
- Lead resource to investigating ERP planning functionality and how this functionality can be utilized to optimize plant scheduling and operations.