This role will be responsible for managing all phases and aspects of a major global IT project across multiple business units and locations in the USA, Hong Kong SAR, and Dongguan, PRC. The project is a major strategic investment and the successful candidate will be driven, proactive, accountable, collaborative, and assertive. The candidate will exhibit strong leadership skills with both "big picture" thinking and an ability to be detail-oriented, with proven experience working collaboratively across multiple disciplines including IT, engineering, and supply chain. While the IT integration is a major technical focus, the successful candidate will also be responsible for driving business process changes in engineering and purchasing. This role will report to the Vice President of Global Electronics Sourcing. The role is preferred to be based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, however Anderson, South Carolina or Fort Lauderdale, Florida would also be considered for the right candidate.
- Strong understanding of ITIL Project Management and Release Management practices
- More than 5 years of experience managing large-scale IT projects/programs
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile implementation methodologies across all phases of Diagnosis, Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment and Operation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed business acumen with cursory knowledge of typical engineering and supply chain business processes and workflows
- Ability to work closely with key business stakeholders to communicate progress
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including MS Project
- Consensus driven management style to support a vast set of stakeholders across multiple business units and geographic locations
- Strong leadership, teambuilding and motivational skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Required travel both domestically (20%) and globally (10%, Covid-19 permitting)
- Implementation of more than five large complex IT and/or organizational change projects
- Manufacturing industry, engineering and/or supply chain experience
- Master's Degree in IT, Business or related degree
- Familiarity with CAD systems, Siemens Teamcenter, or Oracle
- PMI certified
- Six Sigma certification or training
- Scrum/Agile certification or training
Job Description and Objectives:
Project Management (70%):
- Develop and execute project plans using strong project management skills. Develop project charters and governance documents. Drive accountability for team to successfully complete tasks.
- Schedule and develop agendas for and facilitate project meetings. Documentation of discussion with action items effectively captured to be shared shortly thereafter.
- Track project schedules keeping visibility to team members and stakeholders to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Work with the individual business unit's IT, engineering, supply chain functions, and the global product lifecycle management team, to drive tactical project execution
- Map current state business workflows and develop training plans and materials to facilitate needed user adoption of the future-state
- Develop and manage detailed project plans, cost estimates, resource plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans and issue resolution plans
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes executive-level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Provide multiple "what-if" scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state. Well-rounded understanding of financial impacts of these scenarios.
Communication and Collaboration (25%):
- Proactively communicates and reports status to executives, business sponsors and all other stakeholders. This is done leveraging tools such as status reports, executive briefings, and active day to day team communication
- Capability to establish credibility with project contributors across multiple business units, disciplines, and culture/geographic locations
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with technical project team members to achieve project goals.
- Employs leading project management practices as provided by PMI and IT delivery standards.
- Provides leadership to project team members with respect to project management processes and best practices.
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up communication, perseverance and consistency.
- Identify and escalate (when needed) key project hurdles or roadblocks
Financial Responsibility (5%):
- The Global Project Leader is responsible for managing the project budget providing the predictive financial analysis required to deliver accurate project status.
- As needed, may support coordinating vendor invoicing, resource time tracking and providing project forecasting models.