Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our Manufacturing Test and Automation Team in the development of a new generation of leading-edge, high speed, automated manufacturing test equipment for power tools.
As a member of the Manufacturing Test and Automation Team, you are responsible for creating the standards as well as the mechanical engineering aspects of design, testing, and start-up for our manufacturing functional test solutions. Our projects include custom automated assembly and/or test machines, along with continuous production processes.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these job duties and responsibilities:
- This role primarily designs custom automated manufacturing test systems.
- Create standard mechanical design architecture to be used by other engineers in the design of manufacturing test systems.
- Generate 2D and 3D concept CAD models for quoting purposes.
- Use SolidWorks to create Assemblies, Weldments, Parts and drawings.
- Develop designs for integration to existing equipment and new turn-key equipment.
- Maintain accurate parts database.
- Research, plan, and design mechanical and electromechanical manufacturing functional test systems.
- Direct and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems.
- Automation design with conveyor systems and mechanisms.
- Mechanical/pneumatic/plumbing BOM and diagram creation /updates.
- Individual and Assembly detailed part drawings for our fabrication/assembly.
- Procurement of machined components.
- Research new materials and methods of development with respects to automation.
- Plan and conduct project kickoff meetings with stakeholders.
- Design with lean intent/design for manufacturing.
- Design for ergonomics and safety of production associates.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Experience with advanced control systems used to automate manufacturing processes. Including pneumatics used for motion control, programmable controllers, sensors, vision systems, and robotics.
- 5+ years designing manufacturing automation equipment.
- Engineering knowledge of design of industrial machinery with varying levels of automation.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to changes and short deadlines.
- Must be willing to stay on top of the latest engineering technology and processes
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- SolidWorks proficiency required.
- Strong aptitude for mechanical design.
- Well-rounded engineering knowledge for complex system design and development
- The ability to work well with people and independently, problem solver, organized, good written and verbal skills, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience working with machines, selecting components, analyzing fit form and function required.
- Experience with precision indexing (rotary or link) desirable.
- Experience with fluid dynamics a plus.
- Travel to domestic and international sites for on-site commissioning and testing support 10-15%.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.