Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Senior Test Engineer is responsible for the support and continuous improvement of manufacturing test systems. The primary role is to work closely with Test Development, Operations, New Product Development, Product Support, and Value Engineering teams to ensure efficiency of automated testing solutions to enhance the quality and performance of our products through manufacturing. This opportunity is located at our manufacturing facility.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Support automated systems for manufacturing testing of new product development.
- Execute the continuous improvement and programming of automated systems and fixtures.
- Create CAD models and drawings of system assemblies, components and products.
- Utilize LabVIEW and PLC ladder programming in system and fixture development and support.
- Knowledge with sensor/transducer implementation to measure such elements as force, torque and velocity.
- Manage multiple projects to deliver maximum operations efficiency.
- Introduce manufacturing test processes and drive appropriate corrective actions and cost reductions.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology.
- Ability to understand electrical documentation and schematics.
- Travel to domestic and international sites for on-site testing support 5-10%.
- Support and maintain all test systems thru end of life.
- Lead root cause failure analysis of manufacturing issues.
- Provide project updates to engineering and operations leadership on status, risks, and priority.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- 7 years of experience in manufacturing test system and automation support.
- Experience in programming languages such as LabView, C++, C#, PLC's.
- Knowledge of mechatronics incorporating pneumatics and electrical components.
- Experience in mechanical design utilizing CAD, SolidWorks or NX-Unigraphics a plus.
- Knowledge of test and measurement techniques, including sensor technology, signal conditioning, data acquisition and manufacturing test development.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.