Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
The Sr. Continuous Improvement (CI) Leader supports the development and deployment of an enterprise-wide business process improvement strategy. The CI Leader is a change agent responsible for building a culture of waste elimination by analyzing the effectiveness of business processes then developing and executing action plans to achieve optimal future state, enhance overall customer experience, reduce costs, and streamline processes.
This position is a fundamental part of our cross-functional team located in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will be a strong facilitator with proven process improvement experience in various high-volume manufacturing processes including assembly, injection molding, machining, and others. Particularly looking for a candidate with experience establishing material flow systems; including Kanban, optimizers, changeover wheels, PFEP throughout the extended value stream. Also, TPM and OEE experience is a plus.
It will also be necessary to be a strong project leader, facilitating kaizen and process mapping activities with groups that may be unfamiliar with Lean tools. You will need to influence and motivate project teams that span multiple departments and locations. Equally important, will be simultaneously managing multiple site CI projects from project definition through sustainment of improvements.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Capability to quickly establish credibility, influence project teams and persuade employees at all levels.
- Facilitate strategic Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Quick hit and Strategic projects from definition through execution. Coordinate cross-functional resources for these events and communicate the results throughout the business.
- Work with site lean resources and teams to develop, standardize and deliver training and tools to all levels of organization as needed. Build the skills of all functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring in lean management tools. Establish common language and processes across sites.
- Work across multiple sites and BU's to establish standard KPI's and visual dashboards as a basis for continuous improvement.
- Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state. Well rounded understanding of financial impacts of these scenarios.
- Develop and execute project plans using strong project management skills. Develop project charters, project plans, and project governance documents. Track project progress. Drive accountability for team to successfully complete tasks.
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes executive level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up communication, perseverance and consistency.
- Select and execute appropriate lean tools depending on situation -- VSM, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, JIT, Kanban, Visual Management, Pull systems, Cell Design, DMAIC, PFMEA, Root cause, 8D, and 5-why analysis, SMED,TPM, OEE, etc.
- Travel required, up to 75%
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent years of directly related experience in Lean/Continuous Improvement roles
- 10+ years of experience with manufacturing process improvement
- Previous Facilitator and Coaching experiences where problem solving, process development and/or behavior change methods and tools have been used
- Strong Proficiency in Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping & Kaizen, Cell Design and Material Flow
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced Data analysis skills in MS Excel, Pareto, Control charts, PowerPivot, etc.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Plant Manager, Lean Manager, Value Stream Manager and/or Materials Management experience
- Located near Milwaukee Tool facility and/or major airport (Nashville, TN; Milwaukee, WI; Jackson, MS; Dallas, TX)
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.