Milwaukee Tool's service experience is a customer expectation and a competitive advantage. The Service Readiness Project Leader combines strong technical, project management, and cross-functional organizational skills to ensure that products in his/her portfolio are ready to be serviced upon their launch, and remain "service-ready" throughout their lifecycle. Working constantly with product engineering, marketing, international manufacturing, finance, and quality, as well as Service functions like spare parts, technical literature, and service center engineering, this role leads the execution of service-readiness in Service centers, branches, and authorized service centers, and also supports service readiness in global regions.
In addition to actual product projects, the Service Readiness Leader helps create, implement, and improve the tools and processes needed to perform its functions.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility. Additional job duties and objectives may change with the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the underlying technology, service expectations, and competitive service landscape for existing and upcoming products in his/her portfolio.
- Communicate and advocate for incorporating service needs into product designs.
- Create the service-readiness plan, including deadlines, that results in products ready for service in all customer touch points. For new-to-Milwaukee and new-to-world products, this could include creating all-new service programs and touchpoints
- Ensure readiness planning follows VIGOR and Service VIGOR, Milwaukee's new product development standards.
- Develop the repair and maintenance programs, including frequency, cost, complexity, and tooling and fixture needs.
- Identify the spare parts and kits needed. Assist/guide the Tech Lit department in creating Spare Parts Lists. Assist planning and procurement departments in purchasing the correct spare parts in the right quantities at the right time, as needed.
- Support spare part end-of-life, last-time-buy, and excess/obsolete management activities.
- Work with Quality and Engineering to develop repair SOPs, end of line tests, required tooling and fixturing, and quality collection regimens.
- Design the technical and support literature strategy. Assist/guide the resources creating those documents, videos, and other support collateral, including what will be used for training.
- Coordinate with Service commercial departments to ensure alignment with customer-facing programs and initiatives.
- Work closely to coordinate and support readiness rollouts with repair hubs, factory service centers, authorized service centers, and global regions. Ensure these teams have been thoroughly advised of and engaged with projects in advance of launch, preventing surprises in support locations and poor customer experiences due to service un-readiness.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree an engineering or business degree is required, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years' experience in designing, servicing, repairing, or reconditioning portable power tools or light equipment.
- Experience with Milwaukee products is desired.
- Demonstrated history of successful project or workflow management across a portfolio of dynamic, fast moving projects.
- Experience with the following is desired:
- Product and tooling procurement
- Designing and creating technical literature and videos
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Computer skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, and Outlook)
- Working in ERP/MRP environments. Knowledge of Microsoft AX and/or Oracle is desired.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the following traits:
- Highly deadline driven.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Problem solving, critical thinking, and analytics
- Working cross functionally across a diverse and global organization.
This job requires occasional travel of short durations.
- Primarily domestic to Milwaukee Tool locations as well as occasionally suppliers and customers.
- Trips are generally a couple days duration.
- Overall expected 10%-15%.