Sourcing Manager -- Service Parts and Fixtures
Under the direction of and reporting to a Senior Sourcing Manager of a Milwaukee Tool, primary duties are to support the development and implementation of sourcing strategies related service parts and fixtures used in the repair and reconditioning of Milwaukee Tool products. Works closely with the Milwaukee Tool Sourcing, Supply Planning and Service teams to develop, align and execute strategies to secure supply, manage supplier performance, drive risk mitigation, and improve overall cost while also engaging with new product development to support future needs.
This position requires a high degree of professional integrity, ethics, and confidentiality. Tasks and projects that address broader organization-wide issues outside of the procurement department may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, develops, prioritizes, and cross functionally aligns resources to implement the strategies for the procurement of parts and fixtures used in the servicing of Milwaukee Tool products.
- Build partnerships with internal stakeholders to gather and/or understand the requirements of their procurement needs; facilitate communication between business units, internal stakeholders, and suppliers
- Must be able to quickly identify and obtain expertise in Service and understand the relevant processes, capabilities, materials, applications, and industry trends
- Works within the sourcing organization to ensure proper support of the Service organization from new product development through service of the product in the market.
- Conduct research on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to enhance negotiations for assigned categories and contracts
- Evaluate existing sources for applicable capabilities, quality systems, management and financial stability, cost competitiveness, responsiveness, collaboration, and innovation
- Working closely with suppliers and internal customers from planning & bid preparation to budget/forecasting, general delivery specs, negotiation, contracting, invoicing, and reporting
- Draft, negotiates and manages agreements and contracts
- Facilitate business reviews with key suppliers
- Manage supplier relationship including communicating risks/opportunities with cross functional teams.
- Make recommendations for alternate suppliers, designs, and materials to reduce costs and supply risks
- Establish and maintain reliable sources of supply to ensure timely procurement of all assigned goods, materials, and services. Implement and manage long-term agreements which deliver best in class quality, delivery, and total cost
- Initiate necessary correspondence or personal contact to expedite purchased goods, revise purchase orders, effect cancellations, improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjust invoice discrepancies, and rectify other related problems, as needed
- Identify process improvement opportunities and partner with internal and external stakeholders to drive efficiencies
Job Skills Requirements
- Exhibits strong negotiating skills and demonstrates proven success negotiating, implementing, and managing complex supply contracts including (Joint) Development Agreements and Supply Agreements.
- Demonstrates attributes of being a determined individual.
- Ability to react quickly in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent organization/time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Engineering, Finance, or related technical field.
- Specific course-work in purchasing, materials management, engineering, or quality assurance desirable.
- CPM/CPSM certification a plus.
- MBA a plus.
- Five or more years sourcing or related experience, including proven capability using advanced procurement principles with global supply chain management responsibilities.
- Strategic sourcing experience with disposable packaging desirable.
- Experience sourcing capital equipment, tooling, and other indirect spend categories.
- International sourcing/supply chain development a plus.
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or globally (up to 25%).