Under the direction of and reporting to a Sourcing Manager of Milwaukee Tool, primary duties include responsibility for freight payment and audit, freight claims, and fulfilling freight requests within the organization; to include inbound, outbound, and intercompany. The position will also include interfacing on a day-to-day basis with carriers and our various manufacturing sites and distribution center to ensure issues related to the carriers are resolved quickly and satisfactorily.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit carrier freight bills and approve for customer invoicing.
- Prepare and analyze data to manage carrier payables by working closely with our Freight Payment & Audit provider.
- Ability to present information, responding to questions and providing answers to carriers and/or internal teams as it relates to freight bills.
- Responsible for the overall daily filing and maintaining of freight claims.
- Identify trends and propose solutions to resolve any outstanding issues related to freight claims.
- Communicate and build relationships with internal teams, carrier partners, and customers if necessary.
- Works in partnership with other departments on freight-related issues and requests as needed.
Job Skills Requirements
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret freight payment procedures and carrier pricing contracts.
- Exhibits attention to detail, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into actionable information.
- Collaborative and does not hesitate to solicit input or work with others to better understand the task at hand.
- Demonstrates attributes of being a determined, self-driven and resourceful individual.
- Excellent organization/time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Transportation, Supply Chain, or Operations.
- Specific coursework in Transportation, Supply Chain, Operations, or Distribution desirable.
- Three or more years' experience in a related field- Transportation, Supply Chain, or Operations.
- Three or more years' experience related to freight audit and payment.
- A minimum of one-year experience filing and processing freight claims.
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or globally (up to 10%).