Under the direction of and reporting to a Sourcing Manager of Milwaukee Tool, primary duties are to support the development and implementation of sourcing strategies related to New Product Development and ongoing supplier relationship management in the Outsource Hand Tools Category. Utilize sourcing / supplier management experience to ensure sourced products exceed the required quality, cost, lead-time, and terms of Milwaukee Tool. This position will directly support various New Product Development (NPD), cost reduction and supply base improvement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain reliable sources of supply to ensure timely procurement of all assigned goods, materials, and services.
- Owner of assigned supply base and responsible for all management related to supplier performance
- Identifies and implements supply base improvement opportunities to support both short term and long-term production / product needs
- Completes data analyses and generates reports to drive spend visibility and identify opportunities for supply base optimization.
- Build partnerships with internal stakeholders to gather and understand the requirements of their procurement needs; facilitate communication between business units, internal stakeholders, and suppliers
- Participates in the development, review, and approval of supplier selection methodologies
- Develop expertise in applicable manufacturing processes and capabilities, materials, applications, and industry trends
- Supports new product development projects in assigned category
- Prepares and executes RFP/RFQ's and analyzes quotations and bids.
- Proactively coordinates the supplier selection and qualification process
- Conducts, analyzes, and shares cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost; drives best overall cost and commercial terms
- Supports cost savings reviews, standard setting, commodity, and financial reviews
- Conduct research on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to support negotiations for assigned categories and contracts
- Manage supplier relationship including communicating risks/opportunities with cross functional teams
- Support the building of long-term commercial relationships with strategic suppliers
Job Skills Requirements
- Demonstrates abilities to be determined, self-driven and resourceful.
- Ability to react quickly in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exhibits strong negotiating skills and demonstrates proven success breaking down complex issues to proactively identify and align stakeholders to next steps.
- Excellent organization/time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Engineering, Finance, or related technical field.
- Specific course-work in purchasing, materials management, engineering, or quality assurance desirable.
- CPM/CPSM certification a plus.
- MBA a plus.
- Three or more years in sourcing, materials planning, supplier quality or related supply chain experience, including proven capability using advanced procurement principles with global supply chain management responsibilities.
- Internship/Co-Op experiences in purchasing, manufacturing, or related experience a plus
Physical & Environmental Requirements
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or globally (up to 25%).