Ideal candidates are outstanding communicators that thrive in a fast-paced, agile work environment. Strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication, are requirements. Individuals should be driven and possess leadership qualities to help organize and prioritize tasks for an expanding development team while considering end-user, business, and stakeholder needs.
The Process Owner is a change agent responsible for advancing our product development culture by analyzing the effectiveness of business processes then developing and executing action plans to achieve optimal future state, enhance overall customer experience, reduce costs, and streamline processes.
This position is a fundamental part of our cross-functional team located in a fast-paced environment of the corporate office.
Process Owner Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as CEO of project - Takes accountability and possesses a sense of urgency for entire project outcome
- Capability to quickly establish credibility, influence project teams and persuade professionals at all levels
- Partners with key stakeholders and effectively communicates up, down, and across the organization
- Leads with clear direction of priorities in a climate of change
- Maintains a strategic cross functional mindset and understands how business decisions will impact entire organization
- Effectively facilitates teams through problem solving and creative thinking to accomplish short term and long-term goals
- Implement robust improvements that will scale as we grow
- Develop and deliver training to all levels of organization as needed. Build the skills of all functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring in lean management tools
- Provide organization, direction, and clarity to the IT Team, Key Stakeholders, and multiple engineering teams to create requirements and drive development on software products as well as process improvement projects
- Lead the functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of our process and technologies and the needs of our end-users and stakeholders
- Plan and prioritize feature backlog grooming, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories for the Engineering Team
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of release/sprint goals
- Lead projects of medium to large complexity
- Develop and execute action plans and project timelines using strong project management skills
- Develop project charters, project plans, and project governance details. Track project progress for scope, budget, schedule and resources
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes executive-level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up communication and consistency
- Drive accountability for team to successfully complete tasks
Process Owner Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst for 1-3 years
- Bachelor's degree, or higher education level in Project Management, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- End-User focused and have a passion for creating digital product solutions
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to details Previous Facilitator and Coaching experiences where problem solving, process development and/or behavior change methods and tools have been used
- Advanced project management skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Periodic travel may be required
We're progressive problem solvers that help build the world -- come join us and let Milwaukee Tool build your career!