INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in engineering resources to design and develop leadership in engineering capabilities; something unique within the industry, and we're pushing the limits.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be a fundamental part of our engineering team in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with proven project experience, as well as someone who exhibits the drive for continuous improvement.
You'll be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Create work instructions and related documentation and ensure they are current, accurate and understood by the team.
- Identify, prepare and implement improvement opportunities that support optimum production and quality levels.
- Conduct root cause and other forms of analysis for entire product level tool category.
- Point of contact for Quality/Engineering for new product launches, service request, quality requests, or any other task related to your specific product category.
- Prepare recommendations/analyses for the development of new and/or improved processes that support optimum production and quality levels.
- Analyze capital expenditures and project designs to help find ways to cut costs
- Prepare equipment/process improvement analysis and cost justifications for necessary capital equipment and other manufacturing expense spending.
- Conduct capability and time studies and implement improvement plans.
- Coordinate, perform and troubleshoot equipment, tooling and fixture installation and maintenance.
- Source and utilize outside suppliers that support quality and production levels.
- Measure and track key process information used to direct resources.
- Ensure the transfer of information to appropriate shift and plant-wide personnel.
- Monitor and review budget and forecast and factor into daily decisions.
- Develop best practices, routines, and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Participate in Kaizen and project engineering within the facility
- Act as technical resource for manufacturing and maintenance and as a backup for shift Supervisors as needed.
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as needed to assist in overall business unit goals.
- Stay current with METCO business including present and future trends.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of five (5) years manufacturing engineering experience, supervisory experience helpful
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Must have high level of self-initiative and have proven "start-to-finish" project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of production systems and techniques (must be able to learn and apply METCO management tools). Must be able to problem solve and use root cause analysis.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE