The Advanced Maintenance Technician works in a specialized role in plant maintenance and is responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and support of all facility and cell machines, PLC's, and electronics.
This position will be responsible for knowing and implementing all area specific compliance issues, including quality (ISO 9000), environmental (ISO 14000), safety and METCO/plant policies. This position will contribute to team efforts by participating in continuous improvement projects as required. This position will also assist with training coworkers as necessary.
Duties and Requirements:
- Perform minor preventative maintenance on equipment, such as checking/filling oil level, greasing.
- Perform routine facility maintenance such as painting, maintaining interior & exterior lighting, maintaining grounds, changing AC filters, clean coils under direct supervision of Qualified HVAC Technician, cleaning and painting equipment, AC ductwork, etc.
- Perform light construction work, install conduit and assist with minor electrical work such as pulling wire.
- Perform grounds maintenance, plant clean-up and housekeeping.
- Develop wiring diagrams, install wiring and document controls for electrical circuit, pneumatic, and mechanical equipment and systems, relocating equipment as needed to meet all production standards and electrical code (NEC).
- Troubleshoot production and maintenance problems, performing needed repairs and adaptations of equipment such as changing air, grease and coolant lines, switches, belts and guards.
- Provide preventive and predictive maintenance utilizing computer maintenance management system.
- Identify potential work failures and initiate corrective action.
- Perform general maintenance fabricating in wood, metal, plastic, etc, along with mig, tig and stick welding. (Example: tables, devices, etc.).
- Respond to operators requests and contact other support personnel as needed.
- Ensure transfer of information to appropriate shift and plant-wide personnel.
- Rebuild and/or replace broken or damaged parts and rewire machines as required.
- Read and interpret electrical components and systems, as well as electrical, pneumatic & hydraulic symbols/schematics. Repair, replace and troubleshoot electronic components and systems as needed.
- Perform PLC maintenance. Read, interpret and troubleshoot PLC issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM) responsibilities. Participate in updates of PM schedules. Complete routine equipment inspections and complete required documentation.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the manager, including working other shifts as necessary.
- Initiate and implement problem resolution without focused direction from management.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic boards and CNC drives.
- Construct machine frames or safety protection guards as needed.
- Act as technical expert/consultant for all cells/facilities for problem resolution.
- Oversee installation or relocation of equipment.
- Program/troubleshoot/maintain servo control systems.
- Develop, debug and maintain PLC ladder logic for new & existing machinery through use of PLC maintenance software.
- Develop and maintain drawings for wiring diagrams through the use of AutoCAD.
- Interface with CNC machines or production equipment for program and parameter installs.
- Work with outside OEM equipment manufacturers and hydraulic/pneumatic/electrical vendors to resolve problems.
- Ability to work alone or in team setting to resolve problems.