At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success. One of our most critical teams is the team at our Distribution Center. Every day, this team is on the front lines making sure our customers receive the right products at the right time. As part of this team, you'll help carry out the logistics of receiving, processing, storing, and shipping our products.
We are an inclusive workplace that encourages diversity of thought, experience, and background to solve complex problems as one team. Every employee is encouraged to continuously improve and grow, and it is a top priority for managers to develop their teams, making a wide range of internal development opportunities available to all employees.
We are One Team, overcoming obstacles together and celebrating together. Come be part of a winning team that feels like family.
To learn more about our story click HERE.
Team Member Benefits:
- Full-time hours with possibility of overtime
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance along with a 401(K) program, a wellness program, fitness center, PTO, and much more
- Access to a free on-site wellness clinic for all full-time employees and their dependents who are enrolled in our healthcare plan
- Career advancement opportunities
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the orientation and onboarding of new hires
- Responsible for scheduling training classes, organizing and preparing orientation materials, presenting courses and effectively measuring training efforts
- Ensure that all training programs run smoothly and effectively
- Administer, track, and evaluate current New Hire Orientation and Onboarding training
- Supervise new-hires during the training period and make recommendations to management regarding training needs, concerns and continued employment.
- Develop and promote positive working relationships with new hires, peers, and leaders
- Meet with Trainers, Supervisors, Human Resources, and Training/Development to review training materials and processes
- Organize and maintain training venues, logistics, and equipment.
- Flexibility to perform and execute on additional training duties assigned
What tools you'll bring with you:
- High School or GED diploma required, a bachelors degree is preferred
- Excellence presentation skills and ability to foster an atmosphere of teamwork with others
- Ability to present ideas, concepts, issues, concerns, and questions in a well thought out, positive, and professional manner to employees
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to work in a distribution center, experience in this environment is a plus!
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Physical and Weightlifting Demands:
- Frequent bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling of tools and boxes
- Standing for long periods of time, as well as repetitive motion
- Operation of a manual pallet jack, and various Powered Industrial Trucks (forklifts, pallet trucks, rider trucks, fork trucks, or lift trucks)
- Able to work in various temperature conditions
The physical and weightlifting demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.