Senior Design Engineer
The Senior Design Engineer's primary role uses highly developed engineering expertise and project management abilities to contribute to the design and development of new products and support of existing products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Chief technical resource and mechanical engineering leader on mid/high complexity New Product Development projects.
- Provide clear engineering information to Project Leaders and the Global Engineering teams facilitating trade off decisions.
- Establish test regimens for products within scope of the project with minimal guidance. Deliver complete data analysis to support design recommendations
- Independently develop, write and analyze testing reports in internal laboratory.
- Serve as a technical resource on areas of expertise and provide consultation / mentorship to others.
- Execute a wide variety of engineering analyses using the following tools:
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Statistical data analysis
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics, Masters preferred
- 5 years of design experience.
- Strong proficiency in 3D CAD -- ProE, Solidworks, NX, or similar as well as FEA.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge, and experience in process development and design evaluation.
- Deep mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of engineering materials, mechanical properties and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (travel includes Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the construction trades.