Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Project teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis fabrics, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
Supplier Process Engineer (SPE) provides quality and technical guidance to engineering on cross-functional R&D and Operations projects, including New Product Development, Product Support, and Value Engineering. The primary duty of this position is to provide supplier selection support, technical expertise, and supplier development for Milwaukee Tool's key suppliers. SPE will participate in on-site supplier process assessments/audits to assess supplier technical capabilities and provide on-site support as needed. This position will develop action plans and drive implementation to close supplier technical gaps within component manufacturing.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct supplier process audits to ensure that necessary process and quality controls are in place during supplier assessment visits or on-going supplier management assessments.
- Implement and maintain quality improvement and auditing systems with suppliers. These systems will focus on process controls, metrology, quality control, quality management and quality systems.
- Understand the supplier's current process capabilities and potential new process capabilities and communicate to purchasing, engineering, and quality personnel.
- Drive resolution of quality issues back to the supplier. This includes customer complaints and non-conformances documented through reports, rating systems, supplier corrective action reporting, or other means of effective resolution of quality issues.
- Identify systemic supplier process issues and drive corrective and preventative actions through 1) data and information collection regarding trends and issues 2) data and information collection from assessments and from supply base, and 3) root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated specialized depth and/or breadth of process expertise in required area of focus.
- Resolves complex problems using Root Cause, 8Ds, Six Sigma, Shainin Red X, and decision matrices.
- Communicates difficult concepts such as process improvements and changes and negotiates with others to effectively influence as appropriate.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to drive Supplier Corrective Actions (SCAR) to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation in a timely manner for process related issues.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- BS in Plastics Engineering Technology or RJG Master Molder I or II would demonstrate some very good hands on processing experience in Injection Molding. Minimum 5 years hands on experience processing thermoplastics.
- A comprehensive understanding of Injection Mold Processes and Tooling principles.
- Hot and cold runner systems
- Valve gating
- Hydraulic and pneumatic core pull
- Can interpret Mold Flow analysis, understands data sheets, shrink rates and structural properties of a wide variety of thermoplastics
- Ability to interpret part drawings, knowledge of plastic part quality requirements, and computer systems required
- Well-developed and innovative problem-solving skills required
- Proven track record of demonstrating leadership in managing complex, integrated projects.
- Work with engineering team to recommend process changes to support cost reduction initiatives
- Travel required up to 25-50% domestically and internationally, sometimes on short notice
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Supplier Management experience through process of supplier selection, supplier auditing, supplier evaluations, supplier scorecards, supplier development, supplier improvement, and working through supplier exit Strategies, when necessary.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems to create, track, and document non-conformance records (NCMR), Supplier Corrective Actions (SCAR), and root cause analysis (8D).
- Professional society / organizational certification
- Experience with ISO-9001, TS16949, or VDA 6.3 process auditing
- Experience with Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Self-starter, able to lead with minimal direction, motivated by building organizational capacity
- Comfortable in fast-paced, competitive environments
- Ability to identify issues or threats, communicate, build plans, and execute
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.