Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Job Type: Manufacturing
Date Posted: 7/13/2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know and adhere to all safety requirements in the work area.
- Housekeeping- follow all house keeping policies and schedules.
- Understand and demonstrate how to use all gauges in the cell.
- Undestand tolerances and how to make offsets on the machine to stay in spec.
- Utilize quality tools in the cell ie SPC, OEE, etc.
- Operate a minimum of one machine in the department efficiently. (85% or better)
- Perform set up (change overs) following procedures in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot equipment, including automated operations, tooling, controls, and sensors.
- Assist maintenance department in preventative maintenance responsibilities. Participate in updates of preventative maintenance schedules.
- Conduct routine equipment/product inspections and complete required documentation.
- Perform minor equipment repairs, providing feedback documentation to Maintenance and Supervisor as needed.
- Inform Supervisor or Department Manager about processes or equipment requiring attention.
- Recommend and participate in completion of continuous improvement projects specifically designed to improve processes, productivity and quality, especially those related to corrective actions.
- Complete additional duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor, including working other shifts as necessary.
- Know, complete, and adhere to 5S practices in the assigned work area and throughout the department.
- Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to interpret technical data, including drawings and OMS.
- Must be proficient in the use of common inspection and test equipment.
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.