The Senior Design Engineer's primary role uses highly developed engineering expertise and project management abilities to contribute to the design and development of new products and support of existing products within the Charger team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a senior technical resource and mechanical engineering leader on mid/high complexity charger development projects, provide consultation on projects to others and mentor other design engineers.
- Provide clear engineering information to Project Leaders and the Global Engineering teams facilitating trade-off decisions
- Establish test regimens for components and assemblies within area of scope in the project with minimal guidance. Deliver complete data analysis to support design recommendations
- Supervise two subordinate positions, such as entry level mechanical engineers or designers.
- Execute a wide variety of calculations and software aided analyses in the following areas:
- Mechanical stress analysis
- Tolerance stack analyses
- Sound and vibration / response of dynamic systems
- Thermal simulation
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or related engineering field.
- Five years of experience in design and development of new products and support of existing products. Experience must include:
- 3D CAD software, such as NX, ProE, Solidworks.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools, such as Ansys Fluent.
- Ability to travel 15% domestically and 5% internationally.