Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Job Type: Manufacturing
Date Posted: 7/25/2021
The Repair Technician 1 -- Battery Test will perform repair and/or service work of Company products in accordance with prescribed procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all the necessary inspection and testing of batteries and chargers
- Read and comprehend repair order information
- Complete the information on the repair order form
- Assist in other areas of the cell as needed such as material handling, 5's projects, stock shelves, pack items to ship to QE, etc
- Make decisions as to feasibility of repairs.
- Keep records of parts used and provide data for billing and/or warranty information.
- Recognize and report operational irregularities and defective materials.
- Perform prescribed inspections.
- Work is subject to in process and final inspection.
- Responsible for quality of work, safety and housekeeping in assigned area.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Repetitive motion
- Frequent bending, stooping, pushing and pulling of parts and containers
- Able to work in various temperature conditions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED
- Must have mechanical skills and diagnostic skills
- High attention to detail
- Basic computer and writing skills
- One year of mechanical or electrical work experience or equivalent education
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Not ready to apply yet but still interested in building a future here at Milwaukee Tool? Join our Talent Network and be among the first to hear about new job opportunities, hiring events, insider knowledge, company news, and so much more! We look forward to staying connected with you.