The Director - Milwaukee Asia Supply Chain provides the business unit(s) with products they require in a timely fashion at consistent, specified levels of quality and at a total cost capable of providing competitive leverage. This objective is accomplished in an environment of continuous improvement in quality and productivity with the optimal utilization of human and physical assets.
Duties, Responsibilities, & Objectives:
- Lead the overall consolidation of all global demand to Milwaukee Asia internal production facilities and external product partners
- Interface with global customers to understand their forecast product requirements
- Interface with factory Production Management, Purchasing and Supply Base to ensure capacity in place to meet future needs, including cyclical demand, supply constraints or capacity allocations with sales regions
- Work with factory Production Management to manage inventory levels of raw materials and finished goods
- Work with New Product Development to determine the best location of manufacturing, and ensure new product launches meet cost and time targets
- Work with local management to determine delivery service targets and develop distribution networks to meet those targets in the most cost-efficient manner
- Establish department budget to meet the targets and track execution against KPIs, including fixed assets and capital expenditures
- Develop and implement long-term sourcing strategies regarding major commodity negotiations, vendor selection and vendor positioning in the regions
- Direct the activity of Local Raw Material Procurement teams to ensure consistent and smooth supply of material for all factories' successful execution of operations objectives
- Ensure area compliance with all company policies & procedures (e.g. Code of Conduct) and compliance with local legal requirements
- Regularly audit the compliance of each location to established procedures and implement corrective actions when deficiencies are identified
- Build up and maintain clear communication and close co-operation with all relevant internal and external interfaces.
- Recruit and develop employees, with focus on high-potentials
- Primary location: Dongguan, China. Asia regional travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field
- Minimum 12 years Supply Chain Management experience, with at least 5 years in a related industry
- A hands on, technically proficient orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong budgeting experience and understanding of supply chain financial management.
- Advanced technical or business degree
- ISO manufacturing experience
- International experience
- Desire to relocate for future positions; multi-lingual candidates are also preferred.