INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success -- so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our electrical engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in electrical engineering resources to design and develop leadership in electronic capabilities; something unique within the industry. And we're pushing the limits in firmware engineering, power electronics, embedded systems, machine learning, and the use of artificial intelligence.
Behind our doors you'll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you'll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry. We're just getting started. To learn more about our story click HERE.
The Electrical Engineering Technician will support new product design teams through test development, data analysis and competitor benchmarking. You will independently plan and create test fixtures, configure products for testing, log the measurements for data collection/ graphing, and troubleshoot, repair, and modify circuit board assemblies focusing on the chargers and live batteries. You will also be responsible for maintaining and calibrating the lab equipment and operating procedures.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot switched mode power supply and lithium-ion battery embedded electronics down to the component level.
- Test chargers and live batteries in methods that are consistent with best practices for lithium ion charging systems.
- Write test procedures for the operation of cell/battery testers (Arbin and Maccor).
- Test cells and batteries for performance, impedance, cycle life and failure modes.
- Perform tests using a variety of electrical and mechanical test equipment and techniques to test for endurance, performance, viability and feasibility of research concepts and components.
- Operate various lab equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and e-loads.
- Collect data through various equipment and software programs.
- Prepare thorough, timely, and accurate reports of test results and provide recommendations.
- Design and build test fixtures as needed to support and/or test research concepts.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or in lieu of a degree, High School diploma accompanied by 2+ years of experience.
- Experience with mechanical/electrical principles, test equipment, product life/performance test procedures and methods.
- Knowledge of test concepts in the design and development of products and components.
- Capability to lift and manipulate 30lbs.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience with Arbin or Maccor cell testers.
- Experience with lithium-ion packs and/or cells.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.